News and Highlights
David Flood – This Will Change How You See People Forever
David Flood - This Will Change How You See People Forever
David J. Flood Youth Motivational Speaker recounts a heartwarming tale of how his son’s hockey team taught him a life changing lesson about the power of love.Inspired by David’s extraordinary story? Download his free ebook here: https://topyouthspeakers.com/djf/Posted by The Daily Goalcast on Friday, June 22, 2018
SPARK (PDF) is the largest online autism study in the country. It was designed to speed up research and advance our understanding of the causes of autism in order to best support those affected. SPARK aims to bridge the gap between researchers, individuals with autism and their families, ultimately forming relationships with participants and the scientists invested in improving their quality of life.
SPARK is open to all individuals with a professional diagnosis of autism, their parents, and siblings living in the United States. One of the primary goals is to enroll complete “trios” (full biological parents + affected individual(s)), which means that all family members enrolling in the study and providing saliva samples for DNA sequencing. We can learn the most about autism and genetics when we have data from all members of the “trio.”
Take a look at the recent SPARK snapshot!
Montana Medicaid Program
An autism amendment to the Montana Medicaid Program was approved on October 25, 2017. The amendment outlines how a child is to be evaluated for an autism spectrum diagnosis. It also outlines who is authorized to provide treatment services. For additional information, please contact Health Montana Kids at (855) 258-3489 (Toll-free, direct) or visit: http://dphhs.mt.gov/HMK
Montana Autism Education Project
Number of Students with Autism by County 2010 – 2016
Play or download a short animation of all the maps from 2010 – 2016. At the bottom of the page you can pause the playback and then use the progress bar button to move more slowly from year to year.
- FREE Online Autism Training from the OPI Montana Autism Education Project July 4, 2019
- Save The Date - AAC Conference February 9, 2019
- ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY MODULE FOR PERSONNEL PREPARATION PROGRAMS THE IMPORTANCE OF ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY TO STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES: LEVELING THE PLAYING FIELD February 9, 2019
- ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY IN THE CLASSROOM: Examples Designed to Help Teachers and Other School Personnel February 9, 2019
- Webinar - The Ketogenic Diet and Autism Spectrum Disorders February 9, 2019