Training and consultation
UM faculty provides professional development and technical assistance throughout Montana. Currently, seven Montana school districts, one adult services provider, one child and family provider, several Head Start and Early Head Start agencies and others take advantage of these services ranging from traditional lecture-style events to in vivo coaching and modeling formats. In the past, services have been provided to the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services and to the Montana Department of Corrections. UM supports the statewide Autism Act Early Team and is a member of the Governor-appointed Best Beginnings Advisory Council.
SPARK is the largest online autism study in the country. It was designed to speed up research and advance our understanding of the causes of autism in order to best support those affected. SPARK aims to bridge the gap between researchers, individuals with autism and their families, ultimately forming relationships with participants and the scientists invested in improving their quality of life.
SPARK is open to all individuals with a professional diagnosis of autism, their parents, and siblings living in the United States. One of the primary goals is to enroll complete “trios” (full biological parents + affected individual(s)), which means that all family members enrolling in the study and providing saliva samples for DNA sequencing. We can learn the most about autism and genetics when we have data from all members of the “trio.”
Take a look at the recent SPARK snapshot!
Montana Autism Education Project
Number of Students with Autism by County 2010 – 2016
Play or download a short animation of all the maps from 2010 – 2016. At the bottom of the page you can pause the playback and then use the progress bar button to move more slowly from year to year.
Developmental Disabilities Program
Date: May 11, 2017
- FREE Online Autism Training from the OPI Montana Autism Education Project June 29, 2018 Matt Strachan
- Screening tool misidentifies autism in many toddlers September 24, 2017 email@example.com
- Transition Resources September 24, 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webinar - Tantrums, Meltdowns, and Outbursts, Oh My! Strategies for helping your child cope with during overwhelming situations. September 23, 2017 email@example.com
- GIRLS WITH AUTISM LOOK MASCULINE, STUDY SHOWS, LENDING SUPPORT TO EXTREME MALE BRAIN THEORY September 21, 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org